Friday, April 19, 2013

Local Woman Creates Her Own Job Due To Lack Of Employment In St. George

I love my small town -- but there are no jobs here. Sound familiar?

One local resident from St. George deciding to take her unemployment matters into her own hands by opening a new clothing store in town.

Mandy Lee says she was born and raised in Charlotte County, and just wants the same thing for her young son. "I was on unemployment because there were no jobs around, so the only thing left for me to do was to create a job for myself and take a chance at it."

Lee tells Tide News she feels the government has let the economy down by cutting back any available employment, which in return, is forcing locals to move away to other provinces for work.  "It's horrible. I didn't want to pack up my young family to move away. It's not right. This is my hometown and I'd rather be here." Lee says as it is now, her husband will be leaving in the near future to work outside the province because there was nothing available for him here.

Lee decided to take a chance and open a clothing store called "Mandy's Apparel & More". She says, "I will be selling clothing, beauty products, aluminum decorative signs, scarves, purses, belts, a little bit of everything, with more to come."


The Grand Opening will be at her location in the St. George Mall tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am to 7pm, with local dignitaries in attendance.