Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mayor Purcell Reflects On Last Council Meeting

It was Bittersweet.


Last night was the last regular session of the current St. Stephen Town Council.

Mayor Jed Purcell tells Tide News, "It's a little sad, but I enjoyed it, I'm glad I did it." He says he didn't realize what it would take to do this job (Mayor), but he learned a lot, and he thinks the council brought St. Stephen forward.

After congratulating the new council, Purcell told new members who were present, "You're all very capable, but you have no idea what you're up against."

At the end of the meeting, Mayor Purcell joked, "I was going to sing a couple verses of  'My Way' but I think I'll adjourn."

The new St. Stephen Town Council will be sworn in next Wednesday, May 30th.

(Picture: from left - Current Mayor Jed Purcell, CAO John Ferguson, and new council member Michael Booth. )